We've learned to make bug repellent with essential oils. It works great but sometimes a few of those little buggers get through and that's where the anti-itch stick comes in.
You can make this yourself with just a few ingredients. Take a look at the video and then you can find the recipe below the video. Please let me know what you think. I'd love your feedback!
- .5 ounce beeswax pastilles
- .5 ounce golden jojoba oil
- 1 ounce coconut oil
- 15 drops Lavender essential oil
- 15 drops Helichrysum essential oil
- 5 drops Peppermint essential oil
- 8-10 lip balm containers or any container for storage
- pyrex measuring cup
- stirring stick or spoon
Melt the beeswax, jojoba and coconut oil in the pyrex container in a pot of water, or double boiler. When melted, remove from the heat and stir in the essential oils. Using a pipette or pouring directly from the pyrex, fill your storage containers. Wait about an hour to cool completely. Label and you are done! Use on any itchy skin and bug bites to stop the itch and heal the skin.