Summer is coming...
and that means bugs. Mosquitos, biting flies and gnats, all insects that can be a real nuisance. But DEET products are just one giant set of chemicals. Sure they are effective but how good do we feel about that stuff on our skin?
Enter the essential oil solution. In the following video you'll see just one option for making your own bug repellent. Coming next week, a video on making anti-itch sticks just in case the little buggers get you anyway!
Bug Repellent Recipe
What you'll need:
- 2 ounce plastic or glass bottle with spray nozzle.
- 4 drops Patchouli Pogostemom cablin
- 5 drops Cedarwood Juniperus virginiana
- 3 drops Eucalyptus citriodora
- 4 drops Opoponax Commiphora guidotti
- 2 drops Spikenard Nardostachys grandiflora
Fill your bottle mostly to the top with water, add the designated amount of drops per oil. Close the bottle, shake well, and apply to skin and/or clothing when needed.
If you'd like to opt out of one or more oils on this list, just remember to keep the same ratio of oils to water. So for two ounces, in this preparation we want about 18 to 20 drops total of oils.